Jerome L. Greene Hall is located on the northeast corner of Amsterdam Avenue and West 116th Street in Manhattan. Enter the building on 116th St – all events take place on the first floor.
Faculty House (the location of Wednesday’s event) is located at 64 Morningside Drive. Enter Wien courtyard through the gates on 116th (next to Jerome Greene Hall), follow the courtyard around to the right and Faculty House is the last building on the right. Wednesday evening’s event will be on the third floor, once you enter proceed using the elevators on your left or the stairs on your right.
Five bus lines (M4, M5, M11, M60, M104) and one subway line (the No. 1 local) serve the Columbia neighborhood. The Columbia stop for the subway is 116th Street. The M60 bus connects the campus and LaGuardia Airport.
Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations or who have questions about physical access should contact Hayley Martinez.
Nursing mothers who need access to a lactation room can contact the Office of Work/Life at email@example.com or 212-854-8019.
Columbia University is located in the Morningside Heights neighborhood of Manhattan, near the #1 subway train line at 116th Street.
2296 Frederick Douglass Blvd, New York, NY 10027
Directions from Aloft Hotel to conference venue:
- Public transit: take the M60 bus from Frederick Douglass Blvd/W 125 St to Amsterdam Ave/W 120 St. (Estimated travel time: 15 min)
- Walking: approximately 20 min.
- By taxi: approximately 8 min.
358 West 58th Street, New York, NY 10019
Directions from Hudson Hotel to the conference venue:
- By public transit: take the #1 train uptown from 59th St-Columbus Circle, to 116th (Estimated travel time: 25 min)
- By taxi: approximately 20 minutes, depending on traffic.
- New York City public transit info: http://www.mta.info
- All subway and bus rides cost $2.75 and require the use of a Metrocard (purchasable at all stations).
- Taxis and rideshares (Uber, Lyft) are widely available, from all airports and around New York City.
Getting to Columbia University from the Airport via public transit:
- From Newark Liberty International Airport: Take the AirTrain to the Airport Station, then an NJ Transit train to New York Penn Station. From there, take the #1 subway uptown to 116th Estimated total travel time to Columbia: 1 hour 10 min, total cost: $15.75 (NJ transit + subway fare).
- From JFK International Airport: Take the AirTrain to Jamaica, Queens (note that only every other train goes to Jamaica). Then:
- Option 1: Take the Long Island Rail Road (20 min, $7.50) to Penn Station
- Option 2: Take the E subway train (30 min, $2.75) to Times Square-42 St.
- For either option, then transfer to the #1 train uptown. Estimated total travel time: 1 hour 20 min
- From LaGuardia Airport: Take the M60 bus toward West Side-Broadway/W 106 St. Get off at the Amsterdam Ave/W 120 St stop. Estimated total travel time to Columbia: 1 hour 15 min