Seminar 1: “Adaptation Science” through the Lens of Climate Information
- Seminar leader: Lisa Goddard
- Guidelines for Constructing Climate Scenarios (2011), Mote et al.
- Hell and High Water: Practice-Relevant Adaptation Science (2013), Moss et al.
Seminar 2: Wicked Problems
- Seminar leader: Ruth DeFries
- Wicked problems and public policy (2013), Morrison
- Planning Problems are Wicked Problems (2973), Rittel and Webber
Seminar 3: Evaluating Adaptation Strategies and the Need for Climate Projections
- Seminar leader: Radley Horton
- Do We Need Better Predictions to Adapt to a Changing Climate? (2009), Dessai et al.
- Experiences of integrated assessment of climate impacts, adaptation and mitigation modelling in London and Durban (2013), Walsh et al.
Seminar 4: Dams and Plans
- Seminar leader: Adam Sobel
- The future role of dams in the United States of America (2017), Ho et al.
- Environmental Harm or Natural Hazard? Problem Identification and Adaptation in U.S. Municipal Climate Action Plans (2016), Koski and Siulagi
Seminar 5: The Limits to Adaptation: Geoengineering, Loss & Damage